I’ve gained some weight over these last few months. As a life coach that helps women lose weight, this feels pretty ludicrous to admit.
I’m not super pumped about the number on the scale or the shape that my body has taken.
But you know what?
It’s all good.
I accept my number. I accept my shape.
There’s a reason behind my weight gain (isn’t there always?). Or maybe it’s an excuse? Either way, I’m owning up to it and choosing to embrace it.
For the last four months my doctors have had me cutback on the intensity of my workouts. Including, saying goodbye to my loves of running and hot yoga for three out of four weeks every month and hello to long walks. As someone who worked out everyday for one year, this has been a major lifestyle change.
The twists, turns, jumps and jostling of my body could knock a fertilized embryo out-of-place. Who knows what is really true, but at this point in our infertility journey, the doctors could tell me to try crack and I’d listen.
This weight gain is about way more than a few extra pounds. It’s taught me how to accept my changing body and it feels like one of the first steps of choosing to take care of my unborn child.
The act of choosing to let go of the strict notion that my body only looks good at a certain weight is one of the most freeing steps on this journey.
Everyday I feel strong and healthy, which are the pillars of my core values. A handful of extra lbs is not going to change that.
I invite you to feel free with me on this journey. I invite you to love your body just as it is today.
Included in this invitation:
- The self-blessing to let go of the limiting belief that you need to look a certain way to love yourself
- Learn to love your body where it is right this very moment
- Let go of the pressure that you need to be somebody different in order to love yourself
Join me for the next 30 days in celebrating your body in the present. Don’t put it off until you’re in a place where you are ready, do it now.
Starting before you’re ready is a major key to success.
The simple details:
- Post a photo of why you love your body on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag, #30daysofbodylove for thirty consecutive days.
- Examples: a photo of you flexing those guns you’ve worked so hard for, the soft belly that your kids rest their heads on or those legs that carry you every place you need to be
- Share this email with every person that deserves to recognize the beauty of their body
Ladies and gentlemen, let’s change the conversation from body hate to one of body love. And, let’s do it right now.